Colin has extensive experience in advising clients in all areas of real estate law, corporate and commercial law, and wills and estate administration. Colin’s clients include home buyers and sellers, commercial real estate developers, small and mid-sized business owners, and individuals with estate planning needs.
A native of Durham Region, Colin graduated from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Prior to that Colin completed his undergraduate degree in Commerce at the Queen’s University School of Business.
Colin brings the advantage of Bay Street expertise to his clients in the Durham region, having worked as a lawyer with a prominent national firm and having served as a management consultant to several Fortune 500 companies.
Outside of the office, Colin stays busy as the father of three young boys, and volunteers as a hockey coach with the Whitby Minor Hockey Association.
Recent work highlights include:
- Acted for several vendors in a land assembly sale to developer;
- Assisted client in corporate share acquisition to acquire commercial real estate properties;
- Advised ownership of a large franchise on the successful sale of franchise stores;
- Worked with the owners of various successful family enterprises to plan for succession of the business in a manner that maximized value for the current and future owners while minimizing tax implications;
- Advised entrepreneurs on estate planning matters including income and capital gains splitting through the use of family trusts;
- Participated in a corporate restructuring while successfully addressing succession planning, tax efficiencies and income splitting.
Please contact Colin for a consultation at (905)683-2741.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ajax Pickering Board of Trade